The Sri Lankan Christian Society of North America in the Easter 2010 edition of their Enewsletter have described the book Nineteenth century American Medical Missionaries in Jaffna, Ceylon: with particular reference to Samuel Fisk Green as a “masterpiece”.
Medical MissionariesIn the first decade of the nineteenth century a movement began in America which had the objective of evangelizing the non-Christian world. The second set of missionaries sent out went to Jaffna, Ceylon, in 1816. This book outlines the activities of these medical missionaries in Jaffna in the nineteenth century, particularly the outstanding contribution of Samuel Fisk Green.
- Charles Wijayarajah on Jaffna Medicine Presidential Address to the Jaffna Medical Association in 1980/81
- Friends of Manipay Hospital A charity that is helping restore the hospital
- Green Memorial Hospital Funding for the hospital via Global Ministries
- S. Muthaiah on Samuel Fisk Green A description of Ambihaipahar’s book on Green
- The American Ceylon Mission Image gallery Images from a hundred years ago