Nineteenth century American Medical Missionaries in Jaffna, Ceylon: with special reference to Samuel Fisk Green is in the No. 1 spot in the list of recent arrivals in the Asia Bookroom. This open and on-line bookshop is based in Canberra, Australia and is the country’s leading Bookseller of books about Asia for over 30 years. It now sells the Medical Missionaries book world wide through their on-line bookshop. They can be contacted at Asia Bookroom. Their Stock ID is 131420 and the ISBN is 9780646520902.
Medical MissionariesIn the first decade of the nineteenth century a movement began in America which had the objective of evangelizing the non-Christian world. The second set of missionaries sent out went to Jaffna, Ceylon, in 1816. This book outlines the activities of these medical missionaries in Jaffna in the nineteenth century, particularly the outstanding contribution of Samuel Fisk Green.
- Charles Wijayarajah on Jaffna Medicine Presidential Address to the Jaffna Medical Association in 1980/81
- Friends of Manipay Hospital A charity that is helping restore the hospital
- Green Memorial Hospital Funding for the hospital via Global Ministries
- S. Muthaiah on Samuel Fisk Green A description of Ambihaipahar’s book on Green
- The American Ceylon Mission Image gallery Images from a hundred years ago